College and Career ResourcesResearching the right college or career path can be a pretty daunting task. Feel free to use these resources to get started, or drop in to the Future Planning Center to get some one-on-one help.
- OregonCIS is a database that many students use to complete career interest surveys, research potential careers, and discover colleges and programs that can assist them in reaching their goals. Watch this tutorial to see what OregonCIS can do!
To log in as a Phoenix High School student, use the following information:
- BigFuture is another college and career research site that is incredibly user-friendly. Students should create a CollegeBoard account in order to save important information!
- Rogue Community College offers a great career interest survey that can link students to appropriate programs at RCC. Take the Holland Code Quiz here!
Interested in playing sports while in college? Visit the websites for these athletic associations to learn about participating schools, and requirements to play.
- NCAA (National Collegiate Athletics Association - Divisions I, II, and III)
- NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics)
- NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association)
Don't feel like college is the right path for you? You may want to check out some of these resources for short-term programs or basic job training.
- These Career Pathways certificates, offered through RCC, could take a year or less to complete!
- Training for many hand-on careers may be offered through an apprenticeship. Check out these apprenticeship opportunities offered throughout the state of Oregon!
- Job Corps is a FREE education and training program that helps eligible young people learn a career, as well as the skills needed to find and keep a good job!
- WorkSource Rogue Valley has many useful resources and programs if you are looking for a good job. Check out the "Job Seeker" or "Youth" tabs on their home page to see the variety of available resources.