Phoenix Elementary School first occupied its current site on Rose Street beginning in mid 1800. The school has gradually expanded from that first one-room school house to its present facility. The school's primary wing brick building, constructed in 1954, was enhanced in 1974 with the addition of the "round" building containing eight classrooms and a large media center. The gym/cafeteria was also built at that time. Four more classrooms were added in 1995.Thanks to the ongoing support of district patrons, Phoenix Elementary School and other district schools have completed extensive remodeling projects. Here at Phoenix Elementary we received a multipurpose (gym) room and Health Center both built in 2002. Kids' Health Connection now serves children in the Health Center. A cover for our intermediate playground was added in 2004. A walking/running track was added to the field on the north side of the school in the spring of 2008. This special addition was funded by the PES PTA and Home Depot.