The school board meeting scheduled for Thursday, February 3 will be held at Phoenix High School's Rose Street Theatre (745 N. Rose St., Phoenix) beginning at 6 p.m.
To help slow the spread of COVID-19, we ask that in-person attendance be limited to those who would like to make a public comment. For those who attend, masks are required. Others may attend online via Google Meet. Click here for login information.
Phoenix-Talent School Board
Board Guiding Principles
- The Board is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive school environment in which all of our students, families, and staff members feel valued, respected, and welcomed.
- The Board condemns all acts of discrimination towards individuals or groups, and in turn will celebrate diversity by fostering an environment that treats all people with dignity and respect while supporting efforts that sustain equity within the field of education. We are committed to including diverse people, ideas, cultures and traditions in all areas of our work.
- The Board shall make decisions based on factors that assure the best possible learning environment for all students with emphasis on minimum class sizes, varied curriculum and student achievement for all.
- The Board shall encourage and support the Superintendent and Staff in continuing the efficient operation of the school district and strive, individually and collectively, to recognize the outstanding efforts and growth of all staff on a regular basis.
- The Board shall make balanced decisions and policies mindful of the best interest of all members of the school district including the students, parents/guardians, educators and the citizens of the community.
- The Board shall evaluate, periodically, all programs and attempt to continue, modify or restore as many disciplines as practical to provide a broad-based education for all students.
- The Board shall increase and monitor educational opportunities for student success through appropriate curriculum with classroom flexibility on an individual basis, when warranted and resources are available.
- The Board shall be knowledgeable about District activities and functions and shall encourage and support students, staff and community by attending and participating in District activities and functions when and as often as possible. In addition, the board is committed to various forms of community engagement opportunities, including listening sessions and attending school/community events.
- The Board shall encourage appropriate communication pathways with students, parents/guardians, community members, and District staff, while maintaining the highest code of ethics and professional behavior.
- The Board shall encourage the conservative use of all resources, both natural and man-made. Strategic decisions should be made with consideration for longevity, fiscal responsibility, and sustainability.
- The Board shall continue to affirm our commitment to the community using bond resources to build a premium education environment in our region.