Phoenix Elementary School first occupied its current site on Rose Street beginning in the mid-1800s. The school has gradually expanded from a one-room schoolhouse to its present facility.
The school’s primary wing brick building, constructed in 1954, was enhanced in 1974 with the addition of the round building containing eight classrooms and a large media center, as well as the gym/cafeteria. Four more classrooms were added in 1995. A multipurpose gym and the School-Based Health Center were built in 2002. A cover for our intermediate playground was added in 2004 and a walking/running track was added in the spring of 2008 though funding from the PES PTA and the Home Depot.
In August of 2015, a new play structure was installed thanks to various grants and PES staff fundraising. In 2017, a bond measure was passed and a new HVAC system, security features, and remodeling of our PES campus were installed over the summer of 2018. We are very excited for the added security for our students and staff.