Phoenix High School opened in 1909 with nine freshman students in a brick building (which is now Phoenix Elementary School). The school became an accredited four-year high school with 36 students in 1915. A new school was built in 1948 on the site where Phoenix High School now stands. In 1960, the Phoenix and Talent School Districts merged into a single district, with all 9th through 12th graders attending Phoenix High School. The school was remodeled in 1991 and now serves approximately 600 students. Our bond passed in November, 2017 and we are currently finishing the design phase of the new Phoenix High School remodel project. We expect to begin construction in spring, 2019.