- Phoenix High School
- Summer Programs & Jobs
Beacon College's Summer for Success
Our summer immersion program is uniquely designed to help prepare students who learn differently for the transition to college. In addition to focused classes, on-campus activities, and weekend Florida get-aways, each student and family will receive a personal "Awareness Overview" that is designed to help the student prepare for college study.
Developed by an education psychologist at Beacon, the overview summarizes a student's strengths as well as areas requiring additional focus, identified during the program by skilled Beacon College faculty and staff. Help your students prepare for the transition to college with their individualized Awareness Overview and a plan for success.
Our summer program aims to give college-bound high school students who learn differently the skills, confidence and preparation to successfully transition from high school. We do so by helping them better understand their learning differences, recognize early stumbling blocks and know what they need to succeed in their first year of college. Our core courses are structured to meaningfully prepare students for college to be more effective and confident learners. Most importantly, rising juniors/rising seniors get to experience what it’s like to live — and learn — on a college campus.
About The Program
Summer for Success
July 7 – 26, 2019
A 3-Week Immersion Experience for Rising High School Juniors & Seniors Who Learn Differently
If college is in your future, don’t miss our focused — and fun! — residential summer program, located just an hour from Orlando, Florida. You’ll learn the basic academic, social and planning skills needed to thrive as a confident and independent college student.
- Get a close-up view of what it’s like to live and learn on a college campus with fellow students who learn differently from around the country and the world.
- You’ll take classes that will build your learning skills and allow you to explore your interests.
- Develop important strategies and life skills you can immediately begin using in your junior or senior year.
- Let Beacon students show you how to make the most of college support resources — from tutoring to self-advocacy.
- Explore what will be key to your personal success as you begin your college search.
- Relax and experience Florida with students from around the country and the world.