- Phoenix High School
- Summer Programs & Jobs
City of Medford - Park & Play Program Manager
Park and Play is over the course of the summer, June 17th through August 8th on weekdays, weekends and evenings.
- Training: June 4, 2019 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Santo Community Center;
- Shift at Santo Center: Monday through Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Thursdays 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.;
- Four (4) neighborhood picnics: Thursday June 27th, July 11th, July 25th and August 8th from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.;
- Saturday evenings for Movies in the Park starting June 15th.
- Paid sick leave
- 24 hour fitness center
Typical Job Duties
The following functions are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Employees may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Direct youth in games, sports, and enrichment activities at the parks.
- Enforces departmental rules and policies.
- Supervise facility and programs ensuring the safety of participants and staff.
- Administers general first aid.
- Completes written reports of accidents and incidents that occur during recreation activities.
- Assist in the general cleaning and upkeep of facilities.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the public.
- Uses principles of good customer service.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- 16 years of age or older by date of hire.
- One or more years of customer service experience in a sports, recreation, fitness and/or enrichment industry.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment, and/or supplies required for the assigned activity.
- Must be able to work in various air quality conditions.
- Possession of valid driver's license by date of hire. New employees establishing resident status in the State of Oregon must obtain an Oregon driver's license within 30 days (ORS 807.020 (1)).
- Current Red Cross CPR/First Aid certification or the ability to obtain it (classes offered onsite at no cost). CPR Class for hired staff will be June 6 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Santo Community Center.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm with the ability to communicate professionally with participants.
- Ability to work in a team environment and cooperate with co-workers.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, intense noises and travel.
Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed by the Parks & Recreation Department. Candidates most closely meeting the City's needs will be referred for interview with final appointment by the City Manager. Selected candidate must provide proof of legal right to work in this country. Hiring will be subject to favorable pre-employment exam, including criminal history background, favorable driving record, and drug screen. Selection procedures and time lines are subject to change.