- Phoenix High School
- Summer Programs & Jobs
City of Medford - Preschool Instructor
The Medford Parks and Recreation Department is looking for a qualified individual who can possess the skills and background to work in our preschool program. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year experience working in a preschool setting, or possess comparable experience with the toddler age group. This is a high energy job which demands a positive attitude, creativity and lots of patience, as well as the capability of working well in a team environment.
Pre-school hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (year-round).
Part-time benefits include:
- Oregon PERS retirement contributions
- Paid sick leave
- 24 hour fitness center
Typical Job Duties
- Ability to work and interact with participants, parents, staff, and volunteers with a great attitude.
- Capable of performing duties and activities as assigned by supervisors.
- Ability to provide a safe environment for participants.
- 1 year of experience working with children between the ages 3-5.
- Program Instructors should be punctual, flexible, creative, patient, and have a great sense of humor. Being a team player is a must!
- 17 years of age or older.
- Current Red Cross CPR/First Aid certification or the ability to obtain it (classes offered onsite at no cost).
- Early Childhood Education
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, intense noises and travel.
To Apply: City of Medford employment application must be completed online via the City's website www.cityofmedford.org. Position is open until filled.
The City of Medford complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you consider yourself disabled and desire assistance in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department by telephone: (541) 774-2010 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.