- Phoenix High School
- Summer Programs & Jobs
Oregon State Youth Litter Patrol - Crew Leader
The Youth Litter Patrol (YLP) Program was founded in 1977 help clean up highway rights of way. This is a great opportunity to work outdoors with a team and have a role in maintaining the environment as well as learn about career opportunities at ODOT.
We are seeking litter patrol workers for various locations around the state of Oregon. Litter crews primarily pick up litter along state highways although other tasks may be assigned. Litter crews usually have a crew leader with two or more crew members.
Litter crew members are temporary employees and are not eligible for vacation, sick, personal or holiday leave. Crews may work full-time or part-time and hours may vary. Most positions start in mid-June and may last for six to twelve weeks.
A day in the life:
- Pick up and bag litter along state highways.
- Follow ODOT’s specified safety procedures.
- You will work in all types of weather and around traffic.
- You will serve as the leader of a crew and will be responsible for transporting crew members to the work site using a state vehicle.
What we need:
- You must be at least 18 years old when you start working.
- You must have a basic knowledge of spoken and written English.
- You must be able to carry filled garbage bags.
- You must have and maintain a current valid driver license and an acceptable driving record.
How to apply:
- Complete the application at https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Youth-Litter-Patrol---Crew-Leader_REQ-7308
- Complete questionnaire.
- For questions about this job, call 503-378-6721 or email email@example.com.
- For technical help, contact Workday.Help@oregon.gov.