Due to the high number of COVID-19 cases in our county, board meetings currently may only be accessed by the public via live streams on Google Meet. Links to the live stream and other joining information is available in the meeting agenda, which is posted on the district's agenda/minutes page prior to each meeting.
Those who wish to offer public comments to the school board may do so by addressing the board directly during the board meeting or by submitting a written comment beforehand (English/Spanish). Written comments should be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the day before the meeting. For those joining virtually who wish to have their comments heard during the specified time on the agenda, please use the raise hand feature in Google Meet and wait for the Board Chair to call your name. If there are multiple members of a group or organization attending, the board chair may ask that a representative speak on behalf of the group and limit time for public comment. During citizen comments, the board will listen but not respond to comments.
When your name is called:
- Please be sure your video and microphone are turned on, announce your name, organization you represent (if any), city of residence and topic or agenda item number you wish to address.
- Keep your comments to no more than three minutes. There is a maximum of 30 minutes total allotted for citizen comments during each meeting.
- Avoid complaints or naming individual staff members or students when you speak. There is another procedure for this.
- If you've submitted written comments, please summarize instead of reading word for word.
- As a reminder, you may also email your comments to our Board secretary prior to the meeting. If you do so by noon of the meeting date your comment will be shared with the Board.